Avery ZM615 Weigh-tronix to Rockwell CLX Ethernet

StephenEA

I have several Avery scale units and they are configured as Generic Ethernet modules, and I am actually reading the data fine for the weight values from the scale into a Rockwell ControlLogix processor. There are some additional features I might want to consider, however, I have zero documentation from Avery, or from the distributor, and was able to find a few odd documents from this plctalk.net forum for the ZM303 series that relates somewhat to Ethernet settings and what data is available to read from the scale as well as write. Am I missing something? It seems that Avery keeps this information accessible only through the local distributors, and in some cases, I am seeing that the info I get is not what I need. Has anyone else suffered through this and found a solution to use these scales? I see with the ZM303 version there is an output register for a "zero command". I might want that option, but not sure on the implementation, and also not sure if this would also require further setup in the scale using "Z-Tools" or whatever the setup software is. I will say that the distributor does all of the scale setup and programming, and all of the scales are password locked out to prevent me from doing anything even if I wanted to. I do not need the liability issues, so have no intentions of bypassing that. It does tie my hands at the same time. My goal is to have the information available as I normally would with other hardware we integrate.

I have no experience with anything other than ZM303, but on those you can configure two or three dozen different 'network tokens' in the input/output registers. You then set up the Generic Ethernet Module based on the amount of data used.

I have never used configuration software, always done it by hand (a bit cumbersome, but I only deal with it rarely so it's not too bad). Setup is done under an Admin-level menu so the appropriate password is required.

I imagine the ZM615 has similar options, but you likely need a service manual for details.