CLX Motion Generic Sercos card

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

Is there such a card as generic sercos card for control logix.
I think I remember someone telling me about it.
If so has anyone used it(could you also post part number please) and what do you think of it.

Talk soon

Donnchadh K.

Such a thing does exist. However, Rockwell really doesn't supply it as a 'standard' product. You need to prove to them that you ned it. This means that you have an application that afor some reason a Kinetix family product can't handle.

It isn't the friendliest interface either. It doesn't provide the full-blown interface and tools you get with the Kinetix axes. You have the full motion instruction set but the Properties tab is pretty minimal compared to an AB interface. Also, as the phase progression runs up thhe card populates some IDNs in the background that can make your life a little difficult if you aren't ready for them. Finally, as far as we can see, the generic card doesn't support absolute feedback.

I suggest you steer away from it if you can.

Keith

Hi All

Thanks for the replies.I think I will stay clear, as its
more trouble than I need.

Thanks again

Donnchadh K.