Need advice S7-300 to SSD Drives comm

keahock

hello,
I am using S7-315-2DP for my project to communicate with SSD 690P Ac drive by Profibus,but I am new user for this communication protocol,can anyone help me or give me some example or sample PLC program how do I communicate PLC to SSD AC Drive(in term of send start & speed signal to drvie)?
TQ very much

hello! Can anyone please help & give some idea for this!TQ
keahock said:
hello,
I am using S7-315-2DP for my project to communicate with SSD 690P Ac drive by Profibus,but I am new user for this communication protocol,can anyone help me or give me some example or sample PLC program how do I communicate PLC to SSD AC Drive(in term of send start & speed signal to drvie)?
TQ very much

Start with your hardware config. Add the drive to Profibus and set the addresses. With the addresses set the manual should show you what does what.

I would read the SSD Drives Profibus Tech box manual it runs through the connection in Simatic Manager and shows how to configure the drive.

SSD Profibus Tech Box Manual is here

The GSD Files are here

The GSD File editor is here (You may not need this)

Config ED Lite for easy configuration of the SSD Drive is here (to use this you will need the appropriate cable from SSD, you can configure from the keypad but that is harder if changing links etc!)

I have been using SSD for 20 years now so if you have any config trouble with Configed lite (It takes a bit of getting used to) ill try to help out.

edit: You may need to create a log in at ssd to access the manuals and files etc

edit2: Forgot the pdf for the GSD Editor here

edit3: If you just want to set the comms up for profibus thats quite easy on the keypad. If you want to alter links in the drives config like say programming the blocks in the drive to stop the drive if profibus looses comms then that is harder from the keypad which is why i suggest config ed lite.

Last edited:
hello ,
I have done all the hardware configuration & Drive setting as well,but since this is my 1st time using Siemens PLC comm Profibus with SSD Drive(all the while I used hardwire)so,can you advice how can I send start command & speed command from PLC to drvie thru profibus? because I have a bit confuse on the address mapping.hope you can help.TQ very much