Devicenet card removal

clank

Please forgive me but I am a PLC rookie.I have a SLC503 which has a devicenet card in rack. This card is tied to a Beckoff remote I/O then to 3 Interlink remote I/O's. I am having problems with the Beckoff at times(goes to error) also with devicenet card faults which could be cabling problems as these interlink remote I/O's are located in very wet locations. I would like to remove these remote I/O's and wire the 4 inputs and 3 oytputs directly to input and output cards in rack as I do not see a need for remote I/O's as field devices are only 20 feet from PLC and not many I/O's.
I want to remove devicenet card then re-address my I/O's in program with online edits. But when I remove card from I/O configuration and download change I get system error.
What could this PLC rookie be missing.
Thanks

You weren't clear on this, but not only do you need to remove the card from your IO configuration, but you need to remove the device net scanner card from the PLC chasssis. If you have done this and you are still getting an error then what error code are you getting?

Alaric

I removed devicenet scanner and I am offline to remove scanner from I/O configuration then I download change to PLC which will not happen because it will pop up with system error.
Thanks

Just curious, did you remove all the program references used when re-programmed? If the DNET card is removed and the program still has references to MO or M1 files then it would probably error.

You will want to put the SLC in program mode, power down, physically remove the scanner card, power up, download the revised program with the corrected i/o config, and then put it back in run mode.

What is the error? You are either getting a fault code from the PLC or you are getting some kind of RSLogix error. What is it?