SEW movitools shell

Can anyone offer advice on SEW Movitools V4.3 Software? I am trying to use the Manual Operation control in the Shell program but everytime I try to open it, it immediately closes. The attchment shows what i am clicking on to open the manual operation screen. I am connected to a movimot drive via the Option UWS21A rs485->rs232 interface. I can actually "go online" with the movimot but cannot access the manual operation window. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info, i'll try that today. It surprises me that the window closes, I would expect an error message. The Movimot we're working with is in our office connected through a Phase converter connected to a 240->480 transformer. Everytime we try to run the drive (over devicenet)the motor squeals for about 1 second, does not rotate and the brake does not release. We get 4 red blinks from the Status LED. We have replaced every component except the 480v which seems clean. The strangest part is this setup was working fine previously. "No one changed anything"

In the documentation http://www.sew-eurodrive.com/download/pdf/10505814.pdf it says that a red led 4* blinking means "Overtemperature in motor". Since you're in an office environment and the motor doesn't run at all, you might want to check the TF sensor in the motor. It has pretty thin wires attached to it. When you are one-line via movitools you should be able to get the errorcode and explanation.

Is the motor running free or do you have a load attached to it? My experience is that the Movimot is not too good in reaching high torque at low speed.
With dipswitch 1/5 you can de-activate motorprotection (chapter 6.2), just see what it does.

Thanks for the reply. We have tried several different motors, all new. We are using the PDF you describe and the motor is disconnected from any mechanical load. The 4 red blinks also mentions assignment of motor incorrect which is what we're pursuing at this point. I'll try deactivating the motor protection as you suggested. Thanks again, i'll reply with the solution if we figure it out.

You say the brake doesn't release either. On some SEW motors you can mechanically release the brake. If that's so on your's, try that, maybe the brake is not working correctly. You also say you've exchanged the moter, I assume that includes the inverter?
Is the brake controlled by the movimot directly, if so, do you have the correct brake voltage? In other words, does the inverter match the motor?
Can you get any diagnosis via Movitools, like an errorcode from the faultmemory?
I know how frustrating it is when something used to work and it doesn't work anymore.

I'm not sure that you can drive the brake like that , normally a seperate supply from switched by either the run relay in the drive , or from the PLC . I would suspect that the drive trips on I^2T before the brake releases.

Problem found. During parts swapping, someone swapped in wrong base. Original problem was two bad drives. First one fried due to step up transformer being wired incorrectly (techs forgot to mention that part), second one was fried by customer but not labeled defective and as a result was presumed good which in turn led to the swapping of the base which was the wrong type hence the wrong motor assignent. All okay now. Thanks for the help!

I am trying to connect to Movitrac VFD model: MC07B0220-503, using MT manager software v6.10.

The connection is done through USB com and baudrate 9.6kbaud.

But I am not an error message showing "Wrong inverter type connected" when I click on "Shell"

please any one can advice how to solve the issue