Programming ASCII

TOMC

I am looking for some basic info on programming ASCII between a AB PLC and a spot weld control. I am going to check the AB web site but any info I can get would be great. I have never done this before so I am a little lost.

Look in your RSlogix help for AWA - ascii write append and ARL- ascii read line. There are a few other commands that begin with a that are relevent, too. They are a pretty good start. That is pretty much what I used to learn to do it.

Similar Topics

Hello everybody. I am currently trying to send ZPL commands to a Zebra zt410 from a compactlogix L30ER with v30 studio 5000. I am connected to the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to build an inventory management system that receives part numbers(Format, 123-45:67) from a bar code scanner and uses Allen...
Replies
Views
HI, i am having trouble trying to differentiate between 2 strings using just integers, so i need to do a string compare and use the letters to...
Replies
Views
Hi all- first timer here. I am a process control tech assigned a new to me task. Since i am not a true programmer am having trouble with the...
Replies
Views
Hi Dears, we are using Micro logix 1400 with modbus RS485. Now according to modbus we read 40001 Holding address in plc form a indicator. which is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom