Et200 Siemens

That tool Krk linked to is good for figuring out which parts you need to assemble an ET200S station.

To set it up in STEP7 HW Configuration:
1. Select a DP capable port on the CPU and set it to "networked".
2. A Profibus network will appear in the overview.
3. Select the Profibus network (it becomes solid black)
4. Open the HW Catalog and browse to the Profibus DP folder and then the ET200S folder. From there doubleclick an IM151-1 so that it gets attached to profibus network in the overview.
5. Select the new ET200S rack in the overview, and then the 1st slot.
6. From the HW catalog, find a power modules (from ET200S .. PM) and doubleclick so it gets inserted in the 1st slot.
7. Add i/o modules in all the other slots to suit your needs.
8. Save and compile.

There are plenty of settings and properties to play around with. But for starters just accept all the defaults.

Notice that the STEP7 HW Configuration does not include the terminal blocks. You can use the other link to find all the necessary accessories.

Hello all.

I'm also trying to add a ET200 compact(6ES7 151-1CA00-3BL0) station wich has 2 4AI 4 wire modules(6ES7 134-4GD00-0AB0) to an existing S7 project. But the problem is that when I upload the configuration to the CPU(314C-2DP) the ET200 unit show's these errors:

AFter the configuration is uploaded the SF light is constantly light up, and the BF is flashing(I see the station if I search for accsesible nodes)

Any input would be gr8t.
Thanks in advance & Regards
Ales

Hi Ales.

You are sure that you havent set something wrong in the HW Config ?
Is then endcap on at the very right of the ET200S station ?
Is the slave number set correctly with the dipswitches ?
These two errors can generate the kind of error message that you see with many slots "faulty".

Also, try to set the correct HW config in STEP7, must be EXACTLY as the real thing. Then download to the PLC.
I sometime have problems with the ET200S module being accepted after a change. It may take some cycles of power of either the CPU and/or the ET200S to get it to work.

Ales also make sure that you have terminated the blocks of ET200S with termination block in rack.
Also go through the manual attached w.r.t LED status of the ET 200S

We were able to solve the problem today. The last two modules were indeed faulty, when we took em out and put the termination module in their place the SF led light turned off right away. So I uploaded the config to the CPU and it started working :)

Thanks for the input guys it helped allot!

Best regards
Ales