Siemens ET200 I/O

Banker

Hi I have a task to change a controlsystem on a plant. The existing PLC is a Siemens IM 151-8 with a profibus mastercard 6ES7-138-4HA00.
My plan is to skip the CPU and change the profibus mastercard to a slave card and keep the ET200 I/O .Is it possible and if yes what card. ? IM151 ?

FYI the ET200S system has just been classified as "Product Phase-Out" by Siemens.

You can replace the IM151-8 CPU with a PROFINET Slave IM:

6ES7151-3BA23-0AB0

The IMs are classed as mature product, but here is the Profibus part#:

6ES7151-1AA06-0AB0

But as for the "Profibus mastercard", there is no replacement. You would have to join what ever Profibus slaves that are there to your new Profibus master - whatever that is.

Can you explain in more detail what you're trying to accomplish? Are you going to use a new S7-1200 or S7-1500 PLC to replace the IM151-8?

Hi I have a task to change a controlsystem on a plant. The existing PLC is a Siemens IM 151-8 with a profibus mastercard 6ES7-138-4HA00.
My plan is to skip the CPU and change the profibus mastercard to a slave card and keep the ET200 I/O .Is it possible and if yes what card. ? IM151 ?

if you want to turn the PLC's local IO into a "dumb" IO rack, yes, it's possible. It wouldn't support special cards like the profibus card, but normal IO works fine. There are a few different IMs depending on the functions you need (how fast it updates, is there safety, etc).

That said, ET200S is on the way out, as the other poster said. It is only available as spare parts these days. You might need to ebay it.