VPRINT, PRINTV output to LED display

trotterb

I am setting up a system to monitor the efficiency of our welding robots. We are using an AD 205/260 PLC to gather inputs from the robots and then output result to an LED display board.
I am having a little trouble with the VPRINT and PRINTV instructions while attempting to write ASCII out to the display.

Does anyone have a piece of example code of something similar to this that they would be willing to share? Or, could anyone point me in the right direction. All I have to go on is the 205 user’s manual, which gives an example with little detail.

Thanks

Brad Trotter

Have you tried the example programs on the AD site? Look at the last example under communications here:

http://support.automationdirect.com/examples.html

Let me know how you do. I am having a he77 of a time trying to use dl06 ASCII out to control a stepper indexer. I can get the output to read on my laptop via hyperterminal, but the indexers don't get it.

Since you and John have similar questions, hop over to THIS thread and see if that helps you Brad.

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. Thanks for that link John! Ever since A-D revamped their site, I couldn't find that page.