Read pulses from a magnetic-inductive flow meter and modify pulses by a user inputted valve and to output the modified rate to another pulse reader

lgarciadc

Hi,

The hardware is: Click Plc model # CO-O1DD1-O HMI model # S3ML-R magnetic-inductive flow meter model # FMM100-1001.
I will set the flow meter to the following:

Sp1 = 34 litres per minute
rP1= 0
ImPs = 0.25 litres.
P-n = PnP

We will not need high speed input or outputs. The max pulses per minute will be 136. ( 34 X 0.25 )

The objective of this project is to read the pulses from a magnetic-inductive flow meter ( Prosense FMM100-001) and modify the pulses by a user inputted valve ( ie increase pulse rate by 20% ) and to output the modified rate to another pulse reader.

Can you write the Plc code to achieve this ?

To control your modified output pulses, set up a self-resetting timer. Turn on your output for the first half of the timer's preset and turn it off for the second half. That gives you a square wave pulse. If desired you can reduce the time when the output is on, just keep it on long enough so that the receiving device can sense it.
To calculate the preset for the timer that controls the output, measure the time between successive pulses from the flow meter. Calculate 80% of that time and use it for the preset of the output timer.

The objective of this project is to read the pulses from a magnetic-inductive flow meter ( Prosense FMM100-001) and modify the pulses by a user inputted valve ( ie increase pulse rate by 20% ) and to output the modified rate to another pulse reader.

Can you write the Plc code to achieve this ?
possibly.

So if the incoming pulse rate 2.5Hz, and the modifier should send output pulses at 3Hz (= 2.5Hz x 120%), is that correct?

Note that the output pulses will always be delayed by at least one pulse period, because the PLC cannot determine the output pulse rate until it has detected at least two input pulses.

Hi Friends, thank you very much for your support, the thing is that I don’t know how to implement the on the Click PLC. Does anyone know how to do it?

I have offered a possible solution. To do any more means I'm either doing the job you're being paid to do, or I'm doing your homework for you.
The Click software is a free download. Get yourself a copy along with the hardware and start experimenting. When you run into a specific problem, post what you have done and we'll help you debug your efforts.