MMC for CPU 317-2DP

Annie

Hi,
I have a MMC card-2MB(6ES79538LL110AA0) on the CPU-317-2dp.
I usually download the blocks from simatic manager using the option PLC/Download.
By using this option does the program get downloaded into the MMC?

If not what is the method to download the program into the MMC.

The customer wants us to download the program into another MMC and give them so that they can replace it with the present MMC on the cpu if the program on the MMC gets corrupt.

What method should be used to download the program into the MMC.

how do we calculate what size of MMC is sufficient for your application.

Regards
Annie.

When you download using PLC/Download it is downloaded into the MMC card.

Only thing you need to do to keep your customer happy is: Place first MMC card in PLC > Power up PLC > Download program > switch PLC off > Replace first MMC with second MMC > Power up PLC > Download again > Hand over first MMC as back up.
You should probably also test correct operation on both MMC's

Size of the MMC is usually 150% of your PLC workmemory.

Greets
Jeebs