Problem understanding Panasonic code

Arlie

I have been doing programming of A/B plc's for about 8 years, now I have been kinda forced to take on a new job and they use Panasonic FP-e and others , the code is really messed up , anybody got and use full help or know where I can find some reference material???

tried that , still a little lost, will be going to one of the trainning classes but not untill Aug. just wondered if there were other sites other than theres , thanks for the info

Panasonic is a great PLC. I've been using FPx and FP-Sigma, and very happy with it. Help in the FPWINPro software is not the best but sufficient most of the time. Why don't you post any particular question?
PaulB.

I use the older FP-1 PLCs with FPWINPro software.
(that's what the salesman sold me
before I knew anything about PLCs).
It works good though.

And yes, Why don't you post any particular question?

ok a specific question

here goes , I am tring to program a FP-e (older model) useing FPWIN-GR software, other programer has a generic program he used, unfortunatly for me he did not save a copy with any comments , I need to wire in a 4-20Ma Press transducer , have the plc read it and convert it to psi, also can't fiqure out how the screens are programed, specifically the DT addresses(registers) and where they get there info, manuals are very vague and I quess I am too used to AB, any help from any one is greatly appreciated,

I am not familiar with FPWIN-GR software. But it should have similar instructions as FPWINPro software. This software does not have Scale with Parameters instruction as RS Ligix500, so you would need to create your own. You, probably will connect your transducer to some sort of analog input module. There will be WY address, which represents this input, and it will be data type integer. Use instruction Integer_To_Real to convert this input to type real, then using instructions ADD, MULTIPLY, and DIVIDE create your own Scale with parameters. There were multiple threads in this forum on this topic. Output of this instruction assign to the global variable with DT address, so it may be displayed on HMI.
PaulB.

hello,
I have used Panasonic Series FP0 and FP2 PLCs for a while. In fact the data of analog values are represented in WX format. It depends on the slot where you attached the analog module. For example if you placed the analog module next to the CPU with 16IN and 16OUT you would represent the analog input with WX2 and WX3 if you have two analog inputs. For this you should have an idea how the IOs are adressed in FP plcs. In FP PLCs if you have FP0-C32 ,ie with 16DI and 16DO you would address the IO on the CPU as X0...XF and Y0...YF and if you add a DI module next to CPU you would address it with X20..X2F and vice versa. I am really not sure if FP-e PLCs use FP0 IO modules but if you use FP0-A21 you would exactly take the analog to digital value as WX2 and WX3 as inputs and WY2 as output to the module. But if you use A80 ie 8 channel AI module you should use a piece of code to retrieve the analog data since it polls the channels. Also you can scale the data with math functions provided by FPWIN-GR.
I am sorry I cant remember exactly what the data areas are, you can download programmimg manuals from panasonic site.
I hope I could help you.

ok so what I am starting to understand here is this, I need and analog input device for the transducer and I then have to convert the info with the code. ok I think I am starting to understand this , I think.

F171_SPDH is Pulse Output Instruction for Trapezoidal control and Home Return. This is from from the help file of the FPWINPro software. It is used for the above purposes. To stop this instruction from execution crude way just remove Enable input.

it is not working . to start the execution is necesary the rising edge of input . afterwards the function executes untill target value . but i need to stop this function as long is executed .