ACS355-03E-44A0-4 Installation Problem

Meya

Hi,
I am having a challenge installing a new drive ACS355-03E-44A0-4 as it keeps on displaying Fault code F00018 even when the load is not connected.

Fault Codes: The faults exhibited by the drives are F0018 and F0001.

The Persistent fault is F0018 even just by powering it ON, the Fault Comes.

Regards,
Meya

Code:
0018 THERM FAIL (5210) 0306 bit 1
Temperature of the drive exceeds the operating level of the thermistor.
Check that the ambient temperature is not too low.
Drive internal fault.
Thermistor used for drive internal temperature measurement is open or short-circuited
Replace the drive.

Code:
0001 OVERCURRENT (2310) 0305 bit 0
Internal fault of the drive.
Drive gives an overcurrent fault after start command even when the motor is not connected (use scalar control in this trial).
Replace the drive.

The two above are from the manual, it would definitely look like the drive is faulty.

Code:
0018 THERM FAIL (5210) 0306 bit 1
Temperature of the drive exceeds the operating level of the thermistor.
Check that the ambient temperature is not too low.
Drive internal fault.
Thermistor used for drive internal temperature measurement is open or short-circuited
Replace the drive.

Code:
0001 OVERCURRENT (2310) 0305 bit 0
Internal fault of the drive.
Drive gives an overcurrent fault after start command even when the motor is not connected (use scalar control in this trial).
Replace the drive.

The two above are from the manual, it would definitely look like the drive is faulty.
Hi,
Thank you for your response. How best can the two issues be resolved on the two new drives both exhibiting the same problem?. Could you also help me with the information on what could be the cause of the two issues on the drives.

Regards,

Meya

Could you also help me with the information on what could be the cause of the two issues on the drives
That would be a question for ABB tech support, here is the contact page for Africa:

I don't think that the ACS355 has a Factory Reset function, but you could try loading in a standard Macro. The method depends on which control panel you have, the best way is to download the manual and you can follow the step by step instructions: