Siemens S7-200 PLC

rahatali

My all respected Seniors!
I got two S7-200 PLC for repairs, and I think they having hardware problem in the Power supply PCB, Power Supply is providing 5+5DC voltage, but when turned ON the PLC on my table by giving 220VAC supply at input, then output 5+5 Voltages droped to 3+3 or less, tha't why PLC doesn't work properly, I tired to give additonal 5+5 voltage, voltage did not drop all i can see only SF and STOP light gets ON, can somebody tell me whether is this its, normal behave, or RUN light also should turned ON?
in other words, when give the power supply only at input, then which lights should turned ON?
under the model number S7-200 there is three LED lights, SF, RUN, STOP, so far only SF and STOP turned ON, but not RUN, so please somebody help me about this that how i can fix it or how i can get the RUN light to be ON.

Looking foward to having kind reply from all of you with thanks!

Hi there,
SF light is there means its system fault which can be result of incorrect program which PLC is trying to run but is not able to.
Get online with PLC and hunt for any red color blocks,remove all of them, and then I think your PLC's RUN light will glow.

HI there,
thank you so much for your reply, as you asked me to get online with PLC, so you mean by connecting PLC with the PC, you want me to remove red color blocks in the sofware? and u sure it can be software problem not hardware?
and is there any way to reset the PLC from hardware or from the PLC terminal points?

looking for your reply!

hi
Get Online with PLC,you need to check if there is any fault with software
To clear fatal errors from the PLC and return to RUN mode, select the menu command PLC > Power-Up Reset.
If an operating PLC has a fatal error, the SF(System Fault) indicator is set on and the program stops executing. You must reset the PLC mode to STOP and then RUN to clear the error. You can do this remotely by using the PLC > Power-Up Reset command or you can manually reset the PLC mode switch.