Copy DB siemens

fagerstaplc

Hello first time in this forum!
I have a problem not beacause im from Sweden :)
I would like to copy a whole db in a siemens PLC s7 300 to another db. Ex db 1 dbw1-dbw60 to db2 dbw1-dbw60. Ofocourse I can use the ordinary L db1.dbw10
t db1.dbw10, but someone must know an easier whay to do this.
With Best regards Mikael Viking Augustsson

OK found that block. But if you have a alot of varible, dbw in the block for example dbx0.0-dbx0.7 dbb1 dbw2 dbw3 and dbd 4 is this still working? And I don´t understand how this sfc 20 should be filled in ? Maybe im stupid but I still can´t understand it :)
CALL "Copy Data Block 1"
QTYP:=MW10
QANF:=1
LAEN:=60
ZTYP:=MW20
ZANF:=1
FEHL:=MB20
NOP 0
For example in mw 10 (QTYPE) I tried to fill in... Define the source block in my application db 10. What should stand in mw10 ? 1 for db ?
ZTYP the block should be copied to db 20. WHat will I write in ZTYPE
ZANF The copy should start on dbw0 the same as the original block.

Qanf source start. DBW 0 in my case should it be a zero there.
Laen. 60 words should be transfered
I hope you understand my poor english
I hope someone could answer me.

Last edited:
Blocks must be same size. EG copy db1 100 bytes to db2
SFC20 input SRCBLK: P#DB1.DBX0.0 BYTE100

SFC20 output DSTBLK: P#DB2.DBX0.0 BYTE100
SFC20 output RETVAL: State variable

Hello fagerstaPLC;

Very strange, the CALL "Copy Data Block 1" you show has nothing to do with Step 7 SFC block SFC20 that s7xp.com is talking about. What library did you find that block in?

This is what a call for SFC20 "BLKMOV" ( from the "Standard Function Blocks" library) should look like:

SFC20_call.jpg

The Source (SRCBLK) and Destination (DSTBLK) parameters use an "ANY pointer" format; this allows you to indicate in a single format the type of data, the start address and the length. Check the online help for ANY pointers for more details.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier