GSD Files in OMRON

Cordep

Hi i have a power Analyser from Carlo Gavazzi wm14-96 they give the GSD file to this analyser now the problem:

I have an OMRON CJ1m-CPU13
1 CJ1W-PRM21 (Profibus Master) in the PLC and CX-Profibus and CX-Programmer software for configuration...

In Siemens Step7 i can upload GSD files and the hardware is available but in OMRON i have no idea how to use the GSD file, and how to program the analyser and put it in my project at CX-Programmer....

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance...

Do you have the CX-Profibus manual? I would start with that.

I have never used CX-Profibus, there may be someone here that has, more than likely over at mrplc.com where you have already posted though.

Do you have a local Omron tech support/agent?

Yes i have i will contact omron but i'm trying to solve this issue by myself i have the hope that someone already used GSD files and Profibus DP external equipments... I feel completely lost with this... I dont't have the CX-Profibus manual.... :(

EDIT: I have to use CX-Profibus there i can use my GSD file an the attach to the Project at least is the information i have from someone that already passed this situation.

Last edited:
I have not used CX-Profibus before but a quick view of the program shows that when you open "View" and then open "Device Catalogue" there is a button that is named "Install GSD Files".

That would be a good place to start to import your GSD file. The CJ1 Profibus master is already in the device catalogue.

By the way, you did not mention that you had the Profibus card or CX-Profibus when you posted at MrPLC. Please try to be more descriptive and offer all information when you post a question. It will get you better answers.

BobB said:
I have not used CX-Profibus before but a quick view of the program shows that when you open "View" and then open "Device Catalogue" there is a button that is named "Install GSD Files".

That would be a good place to start to import your GSD file. The CJ1 Profibus master is already in the device catalogue.

By the way, you did not mention that you had the Profibus card or CX-Profibus when you posted at MrPLC. Please try to be more descriptive and offer all information when you post a question. It will get you better answers.

Thanks for your help... in fact i have tryed to get the solution so i post in many forums and send PM to many persons and with all the answers together i found the solution:

I need the CX-Profibus only in this software i can install the GSD file, then i can connect it with the CX-Programmer.
Once again thank you all

i have a power Analyser from Carlo Gavazzi wm14-96, i uses PLC siemens(CPU-226), and i want upload data(W,f,a,KWH...) from wm14-96 to PLC (siemens) but i can't.I use mobus protocol in oder to communication(MODBUS_INIT,MODBUS_SLAVE).i hope Can someone please help me?