Siemens S7 417H and redundant profibus

G
I am working on a project where there is an S7-417H PLC with ET200 I/O on redundant profibus. One of my I/O drops has 1 pair of existing fibers and it is not possible to add new fibers. I have looked into using a Y-Link, but it won't work with ET-200 I/O.

Any suggestions?

I think you are looking to add a ET200M drop. It requires a 6es7-153 or a 6es7-152 module and ET200M I/o. The 152 module allows for fiber directly to the module. The 153 requires an Opticle Link Module. The question is confusing. Are you trying to tie a I/O drop to just one set of fibers and not the other? If so, I don't think it will work, having different hardware configurations or different programs.

I am trying to somehow insert an I/O rack with a single profibus adapter into a redundant profibus architecture.

You need to tell me what hardware ET200M, S, X, and whether you have redundant fiber or copper rings. Are you trying to just cut inot one part of one ring? There are alot of variables.

It is a star topology and it is at the end of one of the branches. We are using ET 200M I/O, and when this situation first came up our plan was to use a y-link. After investigation, we found that ET-200M is not an option with a y-link. We then looked at using other types of 200 I/O, but we need analog signals and it seems as if this is not possible through a y-link. I hope this clears up the situation sufficiently.

Thanks

Are you trying to use the Y-Link to have identical hardware configurations? The 417H has to have identical Hardware and software on both PLCs. Why don't you just use the redundant hardware for the et200M?