regading closing and opening heavy shutter doors

anusri

hi,

i have seen a door which is closed or opened by using switches, i wanted to know whether they use plc for it, as i was not able to find the complete hardware used in it,
some components i noticed were, switches for moving upward, downward and to stop at required height needed, and an OMRON limit switch is placed at the bottom of the shutter frame.

some components are at the top of frame were the shutter rolls to a rod, as height of the door is very long cannot identify the accessories fixed.
i doudt some motor and plc accessory may be there, but not sure.
can anyone tell can plc be used for this purpose.

if anyone can tell me the complete components used if they have practical idea
myself done training on plcs, i am interested to know some practical applications of plc, i mean to know the components used and plc model

if anyone can give information or links it is helpful

thanks