Inview not triggering messages

Psymon

Hi everyone -

I've been messing with this InView display for days now and haven't been able to get a single message to display. I am using the DH+ communication module and the status LED says it is communicating fine with my PLC-5. However, when I try to trigger a message, nothing happens. I'm using the sample ladder code that I got off the AB website and I have the InView software that I created a few test messages with. I don't need any variable data since I am just going to display machine alarms with this. I'm worried that something is wrong with my comm module since I can trigger messages from my computer to the display, and I am following the instructions to the T, but from the PLC to the display is a no go....Does anybody have some sample code I can look at to see if I'm doing this right???

Thanks,
Jay

I tried to simplify everything in the program to see if I could narrow down the problem. My ladder consists of a dummy bit that activates the output N7:0/0 (Message Trigger Address) in rung 0. Rung 1 contains a COP instruction that copies #ST11:0 to #N7:1(Message Data Address). The value of ST11:0 is ^T1^M. Any time I toggle N7:0/0 on, message #1 in my message file that I downloaded to the display should appear right?? Am I missing something?

And just so nobody else has to pull their hair out......the sample programs that came with the software will not work. They will if you change the trigger address to N7:5 and the data address to N7:7. That's it, I'm not asking anymore questions here, I always stumble on the answer after I post....maybe I should post all my questions here then. Please nobody look in the post where I ask "What are next weeks winning Powerball numbers??"

Hi,

I have done a p42 inview before and can sympathise with you as they are hard work to get the final result from, i can send you the code i used if you like if it is any help, the 1 thing i will point out is that from what i remember the wiring was a big issue along with the comms from the plc.let me know whether this code would be of any use to you.

Garry