Revised Hydraulic Press PLC Program

willie

Here is a revised copy attached of the Hydraulic Press Program. I have cleaned up the program per comments from previous post. Program works OK. Take a look see and feel free to make any comments. I appreciate the help.
Also the company I work for is agreed to send me for a RSLogix 500 Programming course. Does anyone know of a better place to go for the same course if not better? I live in NC. The course is in Atlanta, GA.
Thanks in advance;
Willie (y)

Thanks for reply rsdoran.

They also offer courses in Charlotte
I have signed up for the course in Charlotte. You are right course outline is the same. This website though has already learned me a lot from the comments given.
Thanks again;
Willie

A few comments. Some are my personel preferences
1. More rung comments required. Explain what the process is doing and what your program intentions are.
2. If the outputs are controlled via bits then put the outputs at the end of the routine. The process is a logical series of events and the logic should follow this.
3. Use descriptions on all bits. ie bit B3:6/0 would have a description of say :This bit is on when XXXXXX and off when XXXXXX

As I say thsome of these comments are my personal preferences.
I will have a go at rewriting the code and will post back here. Regards Alan Case

Sorry about my spelling. New notebook and I am not used to it yet.
I did a quick rewrite of the program. It will not work (Im sure) in your process as I dont fully understand what is happening but it is close. I normally prefer limit switches instead of timers for this style of machine but I will post the code here so you can see a different method of coding.
To every one else here don't be to critical as this is not meant to be a fully working example. Regards Alan Case

structure

Main program is setup to call all subroutine ex: U:3, U:4 etc.

I suggest you to makes many subladder for all section of the machine.

Ex: LAD3 for Cylinder 1. ( JSR U:3 )
LAD4 for cylinder 2 ( JSR U:4 )
LAD5 for convoyor 1...( JSR U:5 )

All bit who active cylinder 1 are in LAD3...

It more easier to find problem if the cylinder 1 don't works properly.

All that was just a exemple!

subroutines

I suggest you to makes many subladder for all section of the machine.
I have never used subroutines in a program. No doubt there are many ways for programmers to write a program. I will play around with them to get better familiar. I try to use the simpliest way possible so that anyone troubleshooting will have the least of problems. I am still in learning. At present I admit I have trouble myself with my own programs. That will change as my learning increases.

Thanks again;
Willie