Hydraulic ram position / pressure control

The main purpose of hydroforming is to distribute the pressure equally on the material to be pressed.

So I revised my total SWAG sketch to hopefully better represent my maybe way off base artist's concept of what has been described so far. Hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• HydroRam_RevA.pdf
    922.4 KB · Views: 15
the dribbles of information we have so far

Yes and with dribbles mistakes will be made and assumptions will be wrong

In my experience, if the hydraulic designer/ engineer wasnt a decent one (done many hydraulic jobs and the so called hydraulic designers all turned out to be ***cough*** useless) then what happens is they and the customer seem to think the controls guy can magically fix the bad design with magic in the software

504bloke said:
In my experience, if the hydraulic designer/ engineer wasnt a decent one (done many hydraulic jobs and the so called hydraulic designers all turned out to be ***cough*** useless) then what happens is they and the customer seem to think the controls guy can magically fix the bad design with magic in the software
I agree. In the 1990s we found few descent hydraulic/mechanicial designers.
Systems are either:
1 Designed. I have Never seen a system come with a transfer function.
2 Evolved from a previous design. Most systems are in this category.
3 Kludged. Way too many are in this category. What is worse is that they think their unique, one-off machine is perfect and blame the motion controller that has done 100s of these same systems before.

This project is headed for disaster He should call Delta Motion. Contact Tim@deltamotion. He is in Edinburgh. Tim knows a lot but Dave Shroyer has more experience.

I am finally able to access deltamotion.com from Panama.
check out this link. We have experience at this and doing it right.