Testing a Siemens PPI adapter

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
I do not have access to an S7-200 at this time but have a PPI adapter I need to make sure works, is there a loop-back or some method I could use to test it?

Technically I need to do the same thing with an MPI adapter. I have had them for quite a while and have not used them in at least 2 years or more.

rsdoran said:
I do not have access to an S7-200 at this time but have a PPI adapter I need to make sure works, is there a loop-back or some method I could use to test it?

Technically I need to do the same thing with an MPI adapter. I have had them for quite a while and have not used them in at least 2 years or more.

Hi Ron

I dont know of a loopback, but if your in no rush and send me the PPI i can test it for you, failing that i have an old 1.0FW revision S7 226 i could send you to test it on.

Thanks for the offer but shipping overseas may not be worth the time and cost. It was a shot in the dark to see if someone knew a way to test them without using a plc.

In the past I have used a PPI adapter as a replacement for a 1747-NET-AIC converter. So if you have one of these available, you can use the PPI adapter to convert from RS232 to RS485 and the AIC to convert back. With a PC at both ends using hyperterminal you can check the PPI converter out. Or you can use any other data-driven RS232/485 converter as well.

Kind regards,