Testing SIEMENS S7-200 for Speed camera

hsaputro

Dear All,
I am kinda new with the PLC stuff. Currently I need to test the SIEMENS S7-200 PLC to work with a speed camera. the purpose of the PLC is mainly to operate the electricity supply from the AC to the machine as a DC. But I am not quite sure on using the provided software with the S7-200 which is the SIEMENS Simatic STEP 7 MICROWin/32 v 3.1.1.6. Do you guys had any suggestions on what other program I can use? probably a Hyper Terminal or something to talk directly with the PLC?

Many Thanks!
hsaputro

hsaputro

If you are asking this question because you are unsure on how to program / communicate with the PLC using microwin, then perhaps if you asked specific questions on how to do something then maybe we can help.

The microwin help files are very good and searching within these files will usually give you all the answers you need.

If you are unsure on how to write ladder, then can I suggest that you first have a read of Phil's excellent tutorial, this should give you all the basic imformation you need regarding writing a simple program.

Paul

hsaputro

Siemens Step 7 Microwin is the software to PROGRAM the S7-200. With HyperTerminal you can only COMMUNICATE with it. Before there is onything to communicate, there has to be a program which provides the data to communicate about. I suggest you first learn about the basic why's and how's of the PLC, before tackling communication problems. These are far more complicated compared to control tasks.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere
Instructor PLC - SCADA

Thanks

Thanks for all your help,
In the past few days I had tried to work out how to operate the software and just some basic understanding on PLCs. Now I am trying to communicate and test the PLC and the speed camera. great site, great help great forum. Thanks all!
cheers,
hsaputro

If you need more help

Please do not hesitate to post any question about pLc especially
Siemen Step7-200 ..I have some help.
Step 7 - 200 PLC program easier than another model of Siemens PLC.

Platootod