Automation equipment buyers

IPSIBilly

Hello, I have some drives, contrologix cards, relays, tachs and some other misc. items that I am getting rid of. Does anyone know of a website or company that buys items like this so I don't have to fool with EBAY

I say contact local Universities/tech schools to see if they would be interested, probably works best if you can talk directly to any professor that teaches anything automation related.

Promoting automation schooling in local colleges/universities is a good idea. If you weren't planning on ever using them, and they are just taking up space, you could donate them as well :). My PLC courses in college were always hurting for supplies, the school never wanted to spend the money to buy newer processors or anything.

I'll never trust Ebay, since I've read too many instruction sites on how to get free stuff off of ebay using their ToS agreement and Paypal.

I need to buy a new ControlLogix rack (1756-A4 4 slot) if you have one of those for sale. My seems to have decided to stop working after only 6 months of travel in my bag. But I have used the same SLC for over 5 years and it handles the flights & luggage quite well. No problems with it!

Anybody know what the list price is on a 1756-A4 rack?

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

Excellent Link Mickey. I see I can get one for a couple hundred new if I wanted it.

This thing travels with me all of the time and never actually sees real production floor installs. I just use it in my training because some customer's won't consider a product worthy unless they see it talking to their PLC. So I do all kinds of live demos with these PLC's. I've gotten really good with the quirks of Linx and other tools. Right now I only use the ControlLogix to show the Native Tag importing on a Red Lion HMI. Works great and people really like that feature. But I can do the same static demo simply by using RS_5000, create a tag, and import it into Red Lion's Crimson software.

Thanks for the link,
Joe_WaZoo