RSView Studio ME Help

k35

I need to figure out how to set a tag to a different state when the screens are changed. A Rockwell Support person offered a parameter file but i cannot seem to figure out the code.
I tried

tagname .value=1

but i had no luck. Any suggestions?

Are you asking how to change the tag name itself on the screen or actually change the value of the tag?

Tag Name Change - If you have a single display, you can manipulate the tags on the screen using a parameter file. This allows you to use a different sets of tags with a single graphic display. This is done with a parameter file.

Tag Value Change - If you are looking to change the 'value' of a tag (like ON or OFF), you would use a macro. You have a startup and shutdown macro associated with each graphic display. Your code should be handled here.

I hope this helps. Let me know...!!!

I guess you want know which screen you are now. aka "Status_Tag/Control_Tag" in good old PV.

In your logix controller create a 2 tags, say "PV_Active_Screen" and "PV_Switch_Screen_To".

Then in RSView ME -> Open "Global connections" and assign the above tags in it. Ensure in your screen "Display Settings" give a value, a running number as screen numbers.

SwitchScrn.jpg

So when in run mode the tags in PLC [PV_Active_Screen] is updated with the assigned screen number when the screen is switched to. If you want to switch screen remotely from the plc write a value to the tag [PV_Switch_Screen_To].

Hope this helps

Regards
_______

Last edited:
That is GREAT!! Thanks I already have it coded! I am a newbie at the RSView Studio, but I am catching on quick!! (y) (y) (y)