Can Anyone help with a college project

smoon

I need to design a plc system for a HNC assignment, whilst i am asking for help i do not expect it, if you can help you are obviously a competent person and have spent a long time and put in a lot of effort to get to where you are now and your thinking why should he have it easier than me. I DO NOT want an answer as i will not learn from it i would like guidance of which direction to go in and how far to take it.

This is my question; i need to write a report to assist a buyer on the selection installation and maintenance of a plc system ( including commissioning and preventative maintenance)

The unit is to be protected to IP55 and capable of operating at -20C ambient temp and is housed near a high voltage source of magnetic interference.

I would be extremely grateful i any could help me out with the meanings of any of these abreviations MTBF, MTTR, EDDI, FIM

I thank you in advance for any possible advice.

These are abbreviations (don't we hate them) of terms associated with reliability of equipment and processes. Without providing exact definitions:

MTBF = mean time between failure -> how often does it break
MTTR = mean time to repair - > how long is it broken

Look at some sources (books) of quality statistics for more information.