micrologix 1100

faehigkeit1

hello,
I have a micrologix 1100 plc that has a 10 pin rectangular plug on the front and a round plug on the side. There is an HMI using the plug on the side. Does anyone know what cable I need to access the program? Can this be done using the front plug in?
Thanks for any help
Dean

You need a 1747-CP3 cable, RSLinx, RSLogix500 and a personal computer with a serial port. If you don't have a serial port add a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter to the pile of stuff.

John

If the PLC in question is the ML1100, an "8" pin mini-din and an RJ-45 Ethernet port on the side. You can communicate with the ML1100 via Ethernet using a crossover cable or a switch.

You must have RSLogix 500 Ver 7.0 or later and RSLinx ver 2.4 or later to communicate with the PLC.

The plug the OP may be talking about is the port for expansion cards under the front cover.

Bob O said:
The plug the OP may be talking about is the port for expansion cards under the front cover.
And since the HMI is uding the DIN connector, use the side ethernet port to monitor your program.
You may want to use Boot-TP to assign an address to the ML1100.

faehigkeit1 said:
hello,
I have a micrologix 1100 plc that has a 10 pin rectangular plug on the front and a round plug on the side. There is an HMI using the plug on the side. Does anyone know what cable I need to access the program? Can this be done using the front plug in?
Thanks for any help
Dean

You need a 1761-CBL-PM02 for the round one, the other may or may not be set up for DF1, I think you can configure it, chapter 4 is the communication

Also if you just starting out in programming you may want to read some info here about them its the operating manual

http://raise.rockwellautomation.com/raconfig/rtcache/pdf/1763-um001_-en-p.pdf