Initialize Variables in TI 505

jhuggart

Hello all,

I need to know how to initialize variables in a TI-505. After the first time the program is used the variable values will change, but I need to have initial conditions programmed in for testing so that the values are at least close to correct.

The application is a hydraulic cylinder that will have four variable positions depending upon the size of the pipe running underneath. I will only be able to test on one pipe size, so the cylinder needs to be programmed to be close to the correct position for other pipe sizes the first time a different size is run.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Fairly simple, program a pushbutton to a one shot (os block) then a movw command to move original presets to the working registers. Could work better if your variables are in numeric order so you can just specify how many words to move in one command.

The TI-505 range covered several CPUs. The 545 and 555 have K-memory for data as well as the standard V-memory that all the range share. The K-memory is intended for constant data (konstant? you'd almost think they knew they were going to be bought by a bunch of Germans!) and is treated as read-only within all the program instructions. You can't accidently write to it as part of the code - it won't accept a K address as the result of a calculation or move. You can only change it from a new memory download, or from a HMI/SCADA connection.

If you have a 545 or 555 it may worth considering this as an safeguard for storage of standard process values and re-initialise your working data as WireGuy suggested using the MOVW instruction from K- to V-

regards

Ken.

The 565's also have K memory.
You can change the value of a K memory online while in run mode.
In TiSoft, go the chart feature, then select change value, write in the K location and the value then hit the write key.