RSView ME Station runtime problems

drjeckles

Allen Bradley support indicted that my Allem Bradley 6181 came with runtimes for RSView ME. Upon detailed discussion and analysis with my local AB reps and supports, we have jointly concluded that it came with runtime for RSView 32 and not ME, since it came with NT preloaded.

Alas, I have a relatively simple 2 screen interface which I paid a consultant to write with my copy of RSView ME Studio which only runs for 2 hours.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to trade my media and licenses for Studio ME for a license for RE Station, or for someone to re-write my 2 screens with either a free RT or use one of my existing RSView 32 runtimes. Or does anyone have a RSView ME runtime that they are willing to sell me cheaper than AB?

I believe transfer of ownership involves Rockwell.
The cost of ME Runtime is not that expensive for a 2 screen application. Do you have money left in your budget to purchase a license?

Officially from Allen Bradley, the ONLY options for AB hardware or software acquisitions are to Buy new Softare and Hardware from an authorized distributer only. The runtime is around $1,000 (from both AB and our local AB rep).

Alas, this project is already over budget, sigh.

Did you purchase the system with the understanding that it would come with ME Runtime? If so, Allen Bradley should make it right at no cost to you. I've had similar problems before and they always made it right, but sometimes after threatening to take my business elsewhere....

I made 2 mistakes, unfortunately. I didn't realize that the RSView 32 RT's would not work with the RSView ME and I also did not even know that it was possible to purchase an RSView ME Studio license without a runtime coming with it.

Regardless as to whether I agree with these, grin, it is my fault.

RSView32 screens would be fine... At this point any screen that works would be fine as long at whoever does it can make additions and improvments later for my customer (for additional money, of course). Allen Bradley support and my local rep assured me that the ME could NOT be converted to the RSView 32, sigh.