RSView ME Station Issue

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an app where a Xycom 3715 with Win2K and 256Meg Ram is being used to run RSView Me Station V4 communicating to a Contrologix 1756-L61 CPU via ethernet through a 1756-ENBT. The Clgx is using V16 firmware.

Issue occurs where if power is distrupted to the Clgx CPU, but the Xycom remains running, RSView ME Station will not re-establish communications once power is restored to the Contrologix unless RSView ME Station is shutdown and relaunched. A PV1000+ communicating to the same CPU will reconnect with no issues.

Both the Xycom and the PV1000+ connect to the Clgx CPU through individual Phoenix Contact Industrial ethernet switches.

Any one seen this before?

Thanks

Ian

Just a WAG here, but is there perhaps a communication timeout setting for the Xycom that needs to be tweaked? Perhaps there's a cache that needs to be cleared...

Also, can you tell us a little more about what happens on the Xycom when comms are interrupted? For example, when you change screens, do you get wireframes? Or is it a case that everything looks OK, but data is not refreshing?

Rick

rgurin said:
Just a WAG here, but is there perhaps a communication timeout setting for the Xycom that needs to be tweaked? Perhaps there's a cache that needs to be cleared...

Also, can you tell us a little more about what happens on the Xycom when comms are interrupted? For example, when you change screens, do you get wireframes? Or is it a case that everything looks OK, but data is not refreshing?

Rick

I am heading back to the plant in a couple of hours (Out of town commissioning). When the Comms are re-estblished, there is the information display stating " Resetting Data call backs...." or something to that effect. When I try to change screens , so I can get to the screen with a "Goto Configure Mode" button, an hour glass appears and the screen displays re very slow, and the wireframes also appear.

Tody I will attempt running the same app on my laptop and simulate the same conditions to see if its the app, the Xycom , or RSView ME Station

Ian

The dreaded 'resetting all callbacks' error!

Arg.

The reason it wont reconnect is when you lose the PLC the IIS/DCOM service in Windows hoses up and it wont reset unless you reboot windows/RS View.

I've been battling the same issue on an SE system for a while now.
There are various things you can do in windows to make it a better, plus some patches for RS View that help.

BUT

As long as you are running on Windows there is a chance this will happen.

It doesnt happen with PV+ because 'No Microsoft Windows Involved'!

The system I'm having issues with run multiple PV+ terminals as backups for when SE throws a fit, so I know they run just fine.