bit number

Anton

May be somebody knows?
In a 16 bit word , only one bit is set ON.
The question to identify the place of this bit in the word.
What is its number in the word?
It means that i have to recieve this number.
Thank you.
Anton

Sorry, i fogot to wright :OMRON PLC (CPU43)
Anton.

I am sure this is not the best way, the ladder below shows comparing word 200 with 5, if = 5 then move 5 to DM0

There would be better ways to do this, maybe somebody out there will give you better suggestions

lad.jpg

Thank you very much, chavak!

chavak said:
I am sure this is not the best way, the ladder below shows comparing word 200 with 5, if = 5 then move 5 to DM0

There would be better ways to do this, maybe somebody out there will give you better suggestions

Originally posted by chavak
if = 5 then move 5 to DM0
Must be if = 16 ?

There are many ways use comparing in Omron world. Use Instraction Help and be care with variable types, they must give in Symbol-table for the view BCD/HEX etc.. and content numers #HEX,&DEC without it they are I/O-addresses. Below there are asked bit0 &1 and bit1 &2..
This works only when only one bit is true at the time (for original purpose in previous post) !!!!

omron.jpg

Last edited: