Ladder Logic Mods

Basic question here from a newby. We have an SLC 5 series PLC which was connected to an old PC running NT and Paragon OIT software. The engineering dept. switched out the PC and installed XP and Wonderware. They are claiming that no changes to the "control program" (obtuse for ladder logic). Aren't there some changes needed to the logic in order to interface with the new PC and Wonderware? Thanks for your help!

No. As long as the Wonderware software is using the same communication protocol (driver and configuration settings) as the former software. (i.e. DF1,DH+, Ethernet, ControlNet or?)

If you have PLC programming software (RSLogix 500) on that PC, you might have to upgrade to the latest version to get it to run on XP, if your current version is very old.

Wonderware communicates through tags to the PLC, so as long as the WonderWare is using the same tagnames and the communication layers (as Mickey referenced) can do the job, the whole affair can be invisible to the PLC. Does everything work OK?

Ladder Logic

Don't know if the system is working well yet. I will be diving into the system in about a month, after the Eng. guys update everything. As you indicated, I am sure they will use the same tagnames to ensure they don't have to go into the logic.
Thanks for the knowledge!
Mike