Read Analog Input - Potentiometer Problem

glenglen

I'm using Cimplicity HMI and VermaMax IC200UAL006 PLC. I'd like to read analog input(potentiometer) from analog input(%AI0018). I have created a point on Cimplicity which set the point address a %AI0018. But it doens't display the readings on Points Control Panel while i'm turning the potentiometer. May i know wat i did wrong? Thanks.

When you monitor %AI0018 with your programming software, can you see the value change? If not, then there is a problem with your wiring or with the analog input itself.

Can Cimplicity display any point data at all? Are you sure that you're using the correct cable between Cimplicity and the PLC? Is the port set up correctly, both on the PLC and on the PC that's running Cimplicity?

hi steve,

the cimplicity can display all other points except both analog inputs %AI18 & %AI19.. and my wiring is ok.. i tried to use PLC's potentiometers (%AI16 & %AI17).. it works..

when i test both pins for analog input (IN1+ & IN1-) with voltmeter.. it doesn't give me the reading (displayed 0V).. is that the problem?

regards,
glen

A source, a source, my kingdom for a source

It's your wiring. If you've simply connected the potentiometer to IN1+ and IN1-, there is no power source for the circuit.

Connect one side of the pot to a +10 VDC source. Connect the negative side of the DC source to IN-. Connect the wiper of the pot to IN+.

If you want to use the PLC's 24 VDC supply, install an appropriately sized resistor in series with the pot.