Uploading datalog data from PV+

AJZ

Is it possible to upload the data from a 'Data Log model' of a Panel View 700 Plus? I like to import the data into Excel for analysis

If you saved it on a CompactFlash card, then yes, it is easy. Juste remove the CompactFlash from the PV+ and then put it in your computer. You will have access.

Now if not, I don't know. I've never done it.

Marie

Well, I did the logging files in a remote PC through ethernet and I got two files, one .log and other .tag but I couldn't open them with excel.

Last edited:
Hi, It's me again. I've done it.

The file .log that is created when PV+ logs data, is the one who has the information loged. And in order to open it in a CSV format you will need the RSView_Enterprise_File_Viewer1603 that you can download in the answer id 33924 "RSView Enterprise File Viewer Utility to Read and Save ME, SE Datalog Files, ME Alarm Log Files, and dBASE Files" in the allen bradley knowledgebase (http://www.rockwellautomation.com/knowledgebase/), only if you are working with factorytalk ver. 5.0. If not, maye you can check the answer id 21174 "Machine Edition Data Logging Utility".

The tool RSView_Enterprise_File_Viewer1603 is a software in which you can analize and plot data, but also you can save the file as a CSV format which you can open with excell.

I hope this works for more than one of you.

Good luck.

Last edited: