CCW Micro850 Uploading issues

PLCrookiee

Hi guys, I have had some issues with uploading a program from a Micro 850 PLC. This is the first time connecting so I don’t have a file on my laptop. When opening CCW and pressing ‘Discover’ and then attempting to upload the program through USB, I get an error message of:

“Upload failed for: Cannot import “c:\users\documents .. etc … The file is either corrupted or has an invalid format”

I then tried the same process over Ethernet, in which I could ping the PLC and establish connection but keep getting the same error message. I’m attempting at uploading into my VM if that makes any difference.

I never even checked that to be honest, I’ll go back and have a look today. I would’ve thought that CCW would’ve had a specific prompt for that

Actually I just remembered. There is a PV 800 HMI also connected to the Micro850 PLC which I managed to upload through CCW. So that would make me assume that the versions would have to be compatible

Check the micro850 firmware version through the properties tab in rslinx. Should match your ccw version you have open, they need to match.
If I remember right, ccw will open the latest version you have installed always. If you then try to connect to a device that is on an older firmware version it will not work. It is not smart enough to know it is using the wrong version. Open a project using the correct firmware version for the device you are trying to connect to. Or create a new project using the older firmware version. Close the project but not the ccw software, then try to upload with the correct version open.

Any chance there is a memory module installed? Could transfer the program to another plc to try on. Or SD card with a backup program on it? That could work if the hardware is the issue.

Is the mode switch in "Run" mode? If so try "Rem" mode. I know it's CCW, but I remember not being able to upload from a Micrologix 1400 when it was in run mode, got a similar error as you're getting, I thought it was odd as it mentioned nothing about it being in run mode as to why it wouldn't upload, maybe the same thing for you.

All sorted thanks guys, got a new VM off a guy at work which I assumed had the latest firmware for most applications but it looks as though I was running v12 on CCW when the PLC was running v13. Still learning these types of things, will upgrade to v13 today