installation

sourena

Hi Danie
i want to install the Simatic S7 on my laptop but when i open the cd it is empty and the capacity is 0 byte whearas it can be read in other computers.
what service pack of windows it needs? i have an original xp pro.2002
and one thnig else ... in my hardware list i dont have siemense products... is it the problem ?
what is problem? what i am doing wrong?
and one thing more ... the plcs we talked abut are not in a network.each one is in a separate package.
the Ts adaptor is been used for programming of speed drive motors(SEW).

looks like your CD drive can't read the disc you have.
just insert it in one of the computers that can read it and share that drive (you can then map it on your PC as a new drive).
there is several possible reasons why you can't open that cd on your machine. maybe it's not CD (it could be DVD) or if it is CD, maybe it's a multisesion, some cd drives (older ones) are known to have such limitation - or maybe it was not properly closed during burning process. cd writers may still be able to read it but most cd readers will fail etc.