HELP Identify a PLC please!

yorkypaul

Can anyone identify the PLC in the attached photo? I'm after info and spares so any help with a manufacturer would be a great start.
Markings on unit:
"CPU 166F", "D18", "PD03" and on the white I/O modules "Z02 Universal PLC".

Thanks in advance,
Paul

I am not 100% sure but from what I see in the photo it appears that it is not a PLC but rather a remote IO unit. The two communications type ports, the one at the top with a 9 pin D shell connector and the lower one that has wires connected to a terminal block. Can you tell me where these go? I would suspect that one of these goes back to an actual PLC somewhere. Just some thoughts. Have a nice day.

Thanks MrTweaver,

The D connector is to a VERY basic HMI, and the wires are supply voltages. I believe it is a PLC, but apart from I think the machine is Czeck, I don't have much else to go on, as you can see.

Thanks again,

Paul

It definately looks like a PLC of sorts but not one I recognise. No Clues on the drawings I suppose? Any point in asking the machine manufacturer?

Nick

Hi Paul,

o_O hmmm, can't see much from that blurry photo...

Do you have any other info...
  • A backup file or a printout of the PLC program?
  • Any electrical drawings?
  • Who is the manufacturer of the machine it controls?
  • What does the machine do/make?
  • Have you posted exactly what is printed on the components? (for instance "D18" is more likely to be "DI8" for a 8 way digital input module).
The more info you post the more likely you are to get a useful reply.

**edit**
Ooops cross-posted a bit with Nick there...

Hi Nick.

The machine is a Uniko. I have no drawings whatsoever. The "Universal" modules have inputs from strain gauge modules, and the outputs control assorted pneumatic valves to deliver required weighs repeatedly into a flowwrapper (making bags).

I'm heading towards a dream of being able to look at the prog in this thing?

Cheers,
Paul