How make Win XP release serial port?

lalion

Hi, im having problems communicating to a Hitech Touchscreen, which I need to program using an old application, "ADP", which can only run under dos. I’ve been able to run the app under a Dos window in XP, but cant get to talk with screen. Have been told by friend (who has used this application) that windows takes over port and wont release, and only way they could get communication was through either full dos or Win98 loaded on laptop. Does anyone know of way to make windows XP release serial com port temporarily?

Any help would appreciated, thanks,
Leon

Similar Topics

Hi, im having problems communicating to a Hitech Touchscreen, which I need to program using an old application, "ADP", which can only run under...
Replies
Views
Dear All, i am trying to connect Danfoss inverter with s7 200 cpu 226.but microwin shows following error at DATA Ptr.i assigned different VB...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Got a funny issue. I have a 1756-L85EP and a 1756-EN2TR in the same chase. The client asked for the Ferrari and the 3 lane highway!!! We...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends, I have face a lot of problems using Panelview Plus 7 Series B with Win10 IO: I can not map a netwaork drive, when using file...
Replies
Views
I'm writing some alterations to an FPWin program and need to see the running value of timers so I can set them correctly. It's my first time with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom