1756-EN2TR and a CPU with Ethernet not talking to it's twin PLC via the EN2TR

scotty69

Hi All,

Got a funny issue. I have a 1756-L85EP and a 1756-EN2TR in the same chase. The client asked for the Ferrari and the 3 lane highway!!!

We did our original setup and testing using the CPU Ethernet port. We have 2 identical PLCs. #1 has the application on it and #2 has a slave application(Network extender).

When we connected the EN2TR card and gave it an IP. We got PLC #2 to connected to PLC #1 on the EN2TR IP. But if we disconnect the PLC Ethernet port of either PLC. The connection between the 2 PLCs drop. Is this a application issue or is there a function issue we are missing of this EN2TR card. Both Ethernets of a PLC are connected to the same switch and the two switches are connected to the company Lan. The 2 active IPs on the EN2TR cards are pingable and the CPU IPs are not. The applications are using the EN2TR IPs. As far as we can see.

Now even with the PLC Ethernets disconnected. studio 5000 can see both PLCs and is showing a yellow flag on both EN2TRs(Code 16#0204) connection request error. Connection request timmed out.

Thanks,

Scott.

Sounds like you added the En2TRs under the alternate L83 backplane levels instead of at the root level. Post an image of your IO tree for each PLC.