Change supervisor status 1756 EN2TR

desa

Good morning, I have a system on 1756 L73 that works with supervisor on EN2TR modules. Everything works correctly, except that EN2TR (1) with Supervisor activated on the main PLC in Backup mode and on the second PLC EN2TR (2) Active. Active Supervisor precedence is set to 20 on EN2TR(1), but the same value is sent to the second EN2TR (2). When I reset the second EN2TR (2), the module from the primary PLC (EN2TR (1)) became the primary supervisor, and remains so after assigning an IP address 1 greater than EN2TR (2), but the system cannot activate redundancy because it needs EN2TR (2) to have the same IP address as the primary EN2TR(1). After setting the same IP address on EN2TR(2) as EN2TR(1), EN2TR(2) becomes the primary in the supervisor system.
How can I make EN2TR(1) become the master in the supervisor system.Thanks for the answers.

I understand that you may be having language issues to describe, so let me clarify:
You have ControlLogix Redundancy system with DLR connected to both chassis.
Both EN2TRs have the same IP address initially, but the secondary address increments by 1 during the Sync process.
You want to have DLR supervisor always on the Primary chassis.

If statements above are correct then this is not how DLR works:
Both Primary and Secondary EN2TR modules must have the same DLR Supervisor precedence,
If no other DLR supervisors, then the module is smaller MAC address will become the Active supervisor.
If you don't like this fact, then you need to set another DLR device as a supervisor.

I understand that you may be having language issues to describe, so let me clarify:
You have ControlLogix Redundancy system with DLR connected to both chassis.
Both EN2TRs have the same IP address initially, but the secondary address increments by 1 during the Sync process.
You want to have DLR supervisor always on the Primary chassis.

If statements above are correct then this is not how DLR works:
Both Primary and Secondary EN2TR modules must have the same DLR Supervisor precedence,
If no other DLR supervisors, then the module is smaller MAC address will become the Active supervisor.
If you don't like this fact, then you need to set another DLR device as a supervisor.

Yes, you got it right. It turns out that if I swap EN2TR then I get the status "Active" in EN2TR on the main PLC.
In the picture below the left EN2TR is installed in the main PLC

DLR.png

This is correct, as i said, the MAC address ending with CB:0D is less than CC:15, so second module (with higher MAC) becomes the DLR supervisor.
However, keep in mind, that both Redundancy chassis are the equal and if you initiate a switchover, your new primary chassis (former secondary) will not become DLR supervisor unless you turn the power off on that former primary rack.
Same will happen if you turn both chassis power On at the same time - it's unknown what chassis will be Primary, while we know for sure what module will be the DLR supervisor.

That is why if this is a problem for you, then it would be a good idea to have a DLR supervisor outside of the redundancy chassis

This is correct, as i said, the MAC address ending with CB:0D is less than CC:15, so second module (with higher MAC) becomes the DLR supervisor.
However, keep in mind, that both Redundancy chassis are the equal and if you initiate a switchover, your new primary chassis (former secondary) will not become DLR supervisor unless you turn the power off on that former primary rack.
Same will happen if you turn both chassis power On at the same time - it's unknown what chassis will be Primary, while we know for sure what module will be the DLR supervisor.

That is why if this is a problem for you, then it would be a good idea to have a DLR supervisor outside of the redundancy chassis
I understand, thanks for the answers.