MP370, Ethernet and S7 300

For panels in the xPx70 series: No. The ethernet port can only be used for download and for logging data to a network drive.

For panels in the xPx77 series: Yes. The etherney port can also be used for an online connection to a PLC.

I did find an article (finally) that explains this, but WinCC Flexible is needed...I've still been using the much older technology, ProTool! Time to upgrade!

Thanks!

I checked again, and now I am not so sure about the MP370.

In the manual for MP370, there is no mention of that an online connction can be established via Ethernet. For MPI/DP and other connections the procedure is described.

But then I just attempted to setup such a connection for an MP370 in WinCC Flexible, and indeed it allows me to do so with no complaints.

I'm sure the communication between MP270 and S7-300 works via ethernet (tested and working), so why not with MP370. Maybe it depends on the operating system in the MPxxx. And it is also possible to add an external CF-ethernet card for S7-ethernet communication for TPx70 panels, if you find one...

lendyck said:
Is it possible for an MP370 (with ethernet) to talk to an S7-300 PLC with a CP343-1 module? Does the MP370 support Industrial Ethernet?

Thanks!

Yes, it will work.
I have it up and runing on three plants.

You need at least WinCCFlexible 2005 SP1 with latest hotfix installed, there might be problem if you don´t install hotfix.
(when you go to the hw-config and link your panel to desired network ethernet is not possible to choose..)
I guess problem is solved and no hotfix needed with flexible 2007.

Weo said:
(when you go to the hw-config and link your panel to desired network ethernet is not possible to choose..)
I managed to set it up in the HW Config, by manually inserting a "HMI IE" module in a free "slot". From then on you can proceed with setting up connections in NetPro and WinCC Flexible.