Mitsubishi to Micrologix

mlink4

Hi,
I need some help converting a Mitsubishi F1 ladder to a Micrologix 1761-L32BWA. I known the basics of Micrologix programming. I do not know what the special use relays in the Mitsubishi ladder ( M70;M71;M470;M471;M472;F670;F671;F672;F673 ) will be in the Micrologix.
Can someone help? Thanks, Mike
Attached Files
zip.gif
2067_001.zip (321.0 KB, 0 views)

Some of them will be covered by the status bits on the micrologix, but since Mitsubishi is so 'special relay' happy, you might not be able to find exact translations for every one as you port the Mitsubishi ladder to Micrologix.

I converted one in June of 2005. The first thing I did was create a spreadsheet to import symbol names into RSLogix500. I created a symbol name for every used address in the Mitsubishi to match the Mitsubishi address naming scheme (X--, M--, etc). Then I assigned it an address in the Micrologix. Then entering the program was as simple as copying it using the imported symbols. The entire thing went very smoothly and took only a couple of hours using the imported symbols.

In this post http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=162304&postcount=5 I included an excel spreadsheet that I use to set up import files. Fill in the symbol names in column C with symbols matching Mitsusbishi addresses. Place a 0 in the scope column B for each entry. Then fill in any descriptive text in coluns D through H. Assign Micrologix IO and internal bit and word addresses in colun A, Address. Don't worry about columns i,j,k,l,and m - leave them blank. If any cell turns yellow the entry in it is too long and needs to be shortened. Once the spreadsheet is complete save it as an excel spreadsheet, then delete the top row and save it again as a CSV file type (File->Save As->Select .CSV in the "Save As Type" box at the bottom of the save dialog box).

Then open up your Micrologix program, make sure all of the data files are defined and are sized large enough, and then import the CSV file from the tools menu TOOLS->DATABASE->ASCII IMPORT->CSV->OK and pick the CSV file name.

After you have entered the program using the symbol names you can go back and edit the symbols in the excel spreadsheet you saved first to something more meaningful if desired, resave it again as a .CSV, and then reimport it to change all the symbols.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am had trouble posting the attachment yesterday. This is a copy of the Mitsubishi F1 ladder. If this post doesn’t work I could e-mail a copy to you or anyone that can help. Thanks, Mike