screw driver sizes

PLC_NEWBIE

I'm ordering some electrical tools online and I was just wondering what size a "terminal screw driver" is? for example #1, #2, etc....

Its tough to order tools online when you cant see the size..thanks

PLC_NEWBIE,

I can't tell you about #1 #2 ect but I find that 3.5 MM and 2.5 MM (to fit in those tiny VFD control terminal strips) widths cover most of my needs.

rsdoran said:
When it comes to screwdrivers get them all plus a few spares.

Definitely. One of each size isn't enough. For example: the DL105 advertises that its terminal strips are removable. In the manual it shows that you have to pry them off at both ends at the same time. I found out that Just the right size screwdriver is required to make it work exactly right. Gotta have 2.

Terminals have also gotten much smaller over the last 25 years.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=34122

Stationmaster

tomalbright said:
I get spare everything. If anybody wants, I've got a whole set of Craftsman screwdrivers, ranging anywhere from 50' to 500' depth. Help yourself.

Mighty long screwdrivers ya got there, how many people you need when you use them?

milldrone said:
What is with those Canadians and their robertson heads? Almost every piece of equipment that comes out of Canada has them!

Dunno about that but lived in travel trailers half my life, need Robertson.

In my experience had had to get all kinds that were different, security type being big in computer and electronics, that would be the one that needs a hex head screwdriver with a hole in the middle.