RS_ME datalogging

J.P.

Has anyone had any luck datalogging from a PV1250 to a network using RSview ME? Under set up there are no OBDC options, I put s:\production\production for the path and on change for the trigger. Will it evenlog to MSaccess? I am trying to use "Report Builder" to generate reports.

I'm guessing here based on past experiences - I think those types of setups typically log daily data as flat (text) files. The setup I used didn't have a local (or network) path. You configured an FTP login (Address, username, password) and it would write the data there periodically.

I'd be surprised if ME and a PV1250 had any builtin ODBC logging options, particularly to an SQL Server, because AB has a number of other packages to sell you that provide that functionality (and more, of course). I could be wrong on that point, too.

J.P. said:
Has anyone had any luck datalogging from a PV1250 to a network using RSview ME? Under set up there are no OBDC options, I put s:\production\production for the path and on change for the trigger. Will it evenlog to MSaccess? I am trying to use "Report Builder" to generate reports.