Ge Fanuc Genuis Bus

anderbry

We are an oem and have never used the GE 9030 with remote i/o racks, our firs attemp has failed miserable with our racks faulting. The tech support at GE seem to think we have everything set up right but still can not communicate with the remote racks.
we have the IC693BEM331 modual in the 5th slot.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

bryan

I would be happy to take a look at it also. Usually the problem lies with a mismatch in the amount of data being passed to and from the CPU.

Which remote racks are you using? Versamax? Are there any entries in the PLC and I/O Fault tables?

The more data you give, the more we can help.

If the configuration is correct:
1. Make sure that you have the proper cabling.
1a. Proper termination, based on your cable spec.
1b. NO SPLICES!
1c. The SAME cabling spec. throughout the network.
2. Proper wiring.
2a. Shield-IN to Shield-OUT *DOUBLE* check this!
3. Proper cable routing.

Thank you for your replies: the problem was that the rack addresses didn’t start at zero for the different card types. After the input card was given a length of 16 the output card was then started at 17. All card types needed to start at zero. This error was a throw back to the AB days. All is well now and thanks again for your replies.