= m 10.0

A [Ar1,p#1.0]
jc db2
JN end

db2: opn #DB_NR2
l db2.dbb0
t #counting_value

end: nop0

And i get a cpu stop, and when i read in the Module information i can see this: Help on Event 2x24

Cause:
You have used an illegal address range for area-crossing indirect addressing. The area ID of the access address (bits 24 to 31) is not permitted.

To correct or avoid errors:
Use a pointer with a correct area ID.

How does a permitt the bits 24 to 31 ?

If you do not specify the area in AR1, you must specify it in the instruction, your code needs to be:

Code:
A [b]DBX[/b][Ar1,p#1.0]

When in the STL-editor, press F1, click on index, on new form click on find, enter "indirect", wait till it's done searching, then look for: Example of Area Crossing Register Indirect Addressing.

Pretty nice example of something similar.

Just can't seem to figure out why you:

OPN #DB_NR1
L DB1.DBB1

or

A [AR1,P#1.0]
jc DB2
jn end
DB2: .....

Easier to just make it:

A [AR1,P#1.0]
jcn end
DB2: .....

But thats just cosmetics, what L D said should fix your problem...

Thanks again L D.

i Should think about that you whas writing Jeebs, i have recently start with indirect adressing so all hints a can get i would be more than grateful.

Berra

On another note, in this bit

Code:
 opn  #DB_NR1
 l	db1.dbb1

You open #DB_NR1 data block, doesn't the next instruction open the data block DB1.

Ok there is someting more i don´t get

When i do like this

l #byte_nr (1)
slw 3
lar1

opn #db_nr
a dbx[ar1,p#0.0] (why does this bee 1 in the RLO?)
jcn end

a dbx [ar1,p#1.0](and why is this 0 in the RLO ? i thougt this should bee 1)
jcn end
jc b1

b1: l db2.dbb1
t #counting_value