SLC 5/04 dh+ msg

VJTX

I have one system that consists of SLC 5/04 cpu with DH+ connecting 4 PanelView 600 Plus op. interface. I would like to add another Slc 5/04 with a Panelview 550 also on DH+. So the network will look like this:
5/04----PV600+----PV600+----PV600+---Pv600+---New 5/04---PV550
all on DH+
I need to get a few inputs from first 5/04 into second 5/04. Does anyone have an example program. I think i have to use the MSG instruction. What about the Global message file? thanks!

1. Set up an integer file in each PLC. I prefer to keep them the same ie N10 in both PLC's

2. Move the data of interest from the first PLC into the N file.

3. Set up a MSG read in the second PLC that writes into it's N file.
Your done.

If it is just a few inputs. the global status file works great. I think the help file in RS500 explains it pretty well.