CP441 Connection problem

Dear Friends,
I have a CP-525 in S5-135U having Modbus protocol connection over RS232C to Yokogawa Micro-XL PLC through Comm. Processor PX1*A.

There is SEND job configured in CP525.

We are replacing it with S7-412 and CP441-1. Siemens Personnel suggested CP-441-1 with Modbus Master Driver. While discussing with a system house of Siemens, we got confused whether to use Master or Slave. So we asked Siemens to bring the Slave driver also and use which ever fits.
While trying to install the card, we found there is no slot in CP-441 to install the Modbus Driver. Also the configuration software does not accept Modbus driver as protocol. Found that CP441-2 supports Modbus protocol.
The connection to CP525 is through 25 pin D-Type connector which supports 20 mA and RS232C. After verifying the connection points, we found it is RS232C. Now CP441-1 has a 9 Pin D Type Connector. So we made a 25 pin to 9 pin connector, and connected to CP441-1.
When the Protocol was made ASCII and Baud rate, parity etc were set as per the settings of CP525, The module gives error "Line break on Receiving line".
My idea is to read the Modbus packet recd in CP441-1 by configuring it for ASCII protocol.

:confused: Can anybody help please.

MBS Namboothiripad.

Your error means that it does not 'see' the other side.

You connections on the 9 pin connector should be
2 receive
3 send
5 ground

remember on the 25 pin the 2 send and 3 is receive

Eric