Allen Bradley motion control problem

ettikudiappan

Hi

I am using the 2-Axis motion control module of Allen Bradley model M02AE, which is used in a Controllogix chassis.
One of the motors connected to the module failed, so we replaced it with a motor of the same make and type. When we run the new motor, we always get a position error. That is, the motor moves but the actual position does not match the commanded position. We tried replacing the motor with a one that has been tested before on the same module, but we get the same error. Is there any way we can make the actual position follow the commanded position? I tried tuning, but it down not work.

ettikudiappan said:
One of the motors connected to the module failed
Define failed.
Caught fire, blew into little pieces or did it (all of a sudden)start showing a position error?
When we run the new motor, we always get a position error. That is, the motor moves but the actual position does not match the commanded position.
How many revs does it run? I am agreeing with Rick, Are you sure there isn't a mechanical bind, or a bad connection either in the encoder cable or at the TB on the MO2AE. If the motor runs for some time, then gives the position error, try disconnecting the motor from it's load and see if things improve. If the error persists start checking cable connections.
Is there any way we can make the actual position follow the commanded position?
When using any of the CLGX motion commands, you are telling the actual position to follow the commanded position. That is why it is called 'commanded' position.

Are you using absolute encoders?
Have you reset the home count if so?

Are you using absolute angular encoders?
Have you set the zero position properly if so?

My experiences with other brands in the maintenance field would lead me to where rdrast has suggested--an absolute encoder must be homed in order to "Be" where your command tells it to.