communication with Simatic

tysman

Hi,

Does someone knows how I can do this type of connection??
PLC is connected with PC by MPI/RS232 cable

Regards

Last edited:
Given you've mentioned MPI and S7 I think we can rule out my namesake's entirely natural enthusiasm for the 505-series!

All this boils down to is whether Matlab / Simulink has an MPI / S7 driver that allows it to exchange data with the S7. I've no experience of Matlab so I can't speak for its capabilities. Can it run with a web-client front-end? Depending on which S7 you will be using some of the CPUs have a built-in web-server. Is there anything else in the S7, like a CP341 or CP441 serial comms card, which could do basic RS232 ASCII data transfer on these variables?

Regards

Ken

Hey, he didn't have the diagram when I first answered, so I did not see the S-7.
But, you are correct, I wanted it to be the 505, that way I might of helped. Being it's an S-7, I do not have a clue.

Hello!
To solve this problem i used "S5/S7 for windows" (editor that understands both Step5 and Step7 syntax. ) and SOftPLC(it behaves like a original Simatic S7-315 /S7-416 PLC).
MAtlab send data through DDE to the PLC

I've written program in S5 and everythig works very well, but now I need to do it in S7...

How should looks program for pid control in S7 for this conditions...
Does anyone know where and how I can assign input(from symulation) to PV_IN of FB41.

As well ouput to LMN of FB41.(I want to set SP_INT from my simulation in Simulink)
I used manual for pid control, but I haven't any experience in Step 7...
You can see attachment where is my programm.
I hope that You'll understand what I mean

If MATlab is sending data to the PLC via DDE, where exactly is it sending it to? Have you selected an M-address or a DB-address? Let's assume you're sending it to an MD-address (presumably you want the PV as a real number so a double-word memory area will be required). Then just assign that MD, say MD100, as the actual parameter to FB41 against the formal parameter PV_IN. In order to get the FB41 PID controller working correctly you must place it in 'automatic' mode. In other words the MAN_ON parameter must be 'false'. The default state of this parameter is 'true' as you can see from your instance data block. You can either change this directly within the data block, or use another actual parameter to the FB. Try looking at the online help for FB41 - it is very complete and thorough.
There are several ways of implementing this block. For example I suggested using a real value for the PV_IN. You don't have to. You can use an integer, ranged between 0 and 27648 (as if it were an analogue input in a Siemens PLC) and attach this parameter to PV_PER instead of PV_IN. In fact you can use both, and decide which one is active by setting PVPER_ON true or false as required. The choice on this and all the others is up to you.

regards

Ken

Thanks for your reply!
I sent data from simulation to DB block. Value PV_IN to 'DB6.DBD10' , LMN to 'DB6.DBD72' and SP_INT to 'DB6.DBD6'. It seems that works but i have[size=-1] problem with controler. PV_IN can't reach the [/size][size=-1]SP_INT [/size][size=-1]value set form Matlab. Maybe is something wrong with settings for PID. I'll check it.

Thanks again

[/size]